Think-Now’s products improve your attention, and meta-attention. What is meta-attention? Simply, it is your ability to be aware of your attention. Meta-attention is essential to improving at any activity and being happier in life. Here’s a more detailed definition that we have created.
Meta-attention refers to an individual’s knowledge of the factors that influence their attention and a continuous awareness of their dynamic attentional control. Knowledge and/or awareness, along with training, are required for improving meta-attention and are driven by experience and reflection in combination with feedback.
Yup, that is a little complicated! Here are some examples of where a little meta-attention would do a world of good! Do you:
- Notice only after some time when your mind has wandered away from what you are reading or studying?
- Spend more time trying to figure the “how” or “why” of a task rather than doing the task?
- Find yourself on “auto pilot” doing something that makes no sense, or causes you to forget where you are going?
- Bounce from distraction to distraction with seemingly no control?
- Say things that you immediately regret?
- Get so agitated over things that you can’t calm down?